Possibilities® takes pride in being the pioneer to introduce Service-Learning concept in Pakistan. Service-Learning is an executive education strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.
Sensitizing corporate citizens to the value of Service-Learning, our unique leadership and team building programs offer participants a chance to address team development issues while simultaneously addressing the concerns, needs, and hopes of communities.
Through Service-Learning, corporate leaders and managers are encouraged to develop, refine and apply team working skills to solve real-life problems of the community. The service they perform makes them actively contributing citizens and community members. Participants leave the venue as ‘one-team’ with a deeper sense of achievement and fulfillment.
Why ‘Service Learning?
The Service-Learning experiences, while almost endlessly diverse, have some common characteristics (taken mostly from Eyler & Giles, Where's the Learning in Service-Learning?, 1999):
- They are positive, meaningful and real to the participants.
They involve cooperative rather than competitive experiences and thus promote skills associated with teamwork and community involvement and citizenship.
- They address complex problems in complex settings rather than simplified problems in isolation.
- They offer opportunities to engage in problem-solving by requiring participants to gain knowledge of the specific context of their service-learning activity and community challenges, rather than only to draw upon generalized or abstract knowledge such as might come from a textbook. As a result, service-learning offers powerful opportunities to acquire the habits of critical thinking; i.e. the ability to identify the most important questions or issues within a real-world situation.
- They promote deeper learning because the results are immediate and uncontrived. There are no "right answers" in the back of the book.
- As a consequence of this immediacy of experience, service-learning is more likely to be personally meaningful to participants and to generate emotional consequences, to challenge values as well as ideas, and hence to support social, emotional and cognitive learning and development.
Team Building & SCR Initiatives
Over the last few years, companies have started paying more attention to the SCR activities. Businesses have focused on making a positive contribution to the communities they operate in.
Through our Service Learning interventions, not only we help organizations give back to the society but also share creative strategies to engage with their customers in a much more meaningful manner. We offer incredibly impactful and engaging team building programs that allows you to serve the community and build stronger teams at the same time
Motivate By Giving
According to a new research paper from Harvard Business School, spending money on others makes us happy.
You don’t have to be an NGO to serve the community. Find a need for an underprivileged geographic area or group of people who feel neglected, deprived and forgotten.
Allow your people to offer their professional skills and company resources to uplift their lives.
Are You A Team Builder?
It is impossible to move up the corporate ladder today without mastering team building skills.
A leader who lacks team building skills can drive the team members apart, kill the spirit and put members in workplace silos!
On the other hand, an experienced team builder can instill a collaborative spirit in the team turning them into a cohesive squad that can accomplish incredible things.
Anyone new to the team leadership role cannot live without knowing how to connect with the team, engage members from the heart and inspire them to take up challenges.
Our team has spent more than a decade researching on high performing teams. We have successfully designed and delivered incredibly impactful team building interventions for over 250 companies all over the world. Our team knows exactly how to turn an ordinary get together into a great memorable team bonding experience.
We have pioneered the concept of ‘Service Learning’ in Pakistan. Our team has drawn on those years of experience to pull together strategies, tools, ideas and tips that have proven to be practical and useful for hundreds of teams.
Our spirit of sharing has allowed us to fearlessly decode our secrets of building high-performing teams in the form of a book ‘Outclass Teams’. We take pride in training, educating and empowering thousands of leaders through our Train the Trainer program to master science of team building. These leaders have worked closely with us to make THEIR team building initiatives increasingly effective.
If you are new to team building, we help you see the impact of a well-structured team building experience. Once gone through this journey with us, you will begin to understand how much more effective your team will be when you make team building a constant in your workplace.
Our team building interventions, tools, strategies and ideas benefit all sorts of teams; whether you’re a small local business or a fortune 500 company.
Contact us | Partnerships & Alliances | Careers | Blog